Work With Me
My One to One Coaching Services
I work with current and future career professionals and business owners who want to develop a successful career or business, and want to enjoy what they do and feel happy, confident and fulfilled in the process.Here’s some examples of recent clients I’ve successfully coached, to give you an idea of the ways in which I can help:
- A small business owner who wanted to significantly grow her annual turnover, who achieved that while becoming less hands-on with her team and working fewer hours each week (leaving her less stressed!).
- A woman thinking of starting a business in a highly niche area, who succeeded in developing the confidence and the plans to launch and get her first clients.
- An overwhelmed, stressed, senior professional, struggling to balance work and family commitments and on the verge of giving up her job, who worked out what to change to reduce her stress and give her more time, and who fell back in love with her career as a result (and also began sleeping well again for the first time in a long time).
- A professional juggling two jobs and her own small business who got clear on what direction to take her future career in order to feel successful and fulfilled and made quick changes that improved her happiness.
- A young woman with two career “false starts” behind her, who wanted to work out a career pathway for her future that would allow her to achieve the things she wanted, who began a new job in her chosen career three months after starting coaching.
- An empty-nester wanting to focus on her own career again post-motherhood, who worked out what she wanted and developed new confidence in herself and her ability to interview for roles.
- A woman, who’d been unsuccessfully searching for “the right career” for more than fifteen years, who finally worked out the answers and took steps in a very different direction.
- An IT professional who’d taken a career step that had left him stressed and unhappy, who wanted to work out “what next”, and developed both short and long term career plans that removed the stress and left him excited.
- A business consultant struggling with stress and anxiety around particular aspects of her work, who developed new strategies and techniques for dealing with them that reduced their impact on her life.
- A professional studying for professional exams while working, who worked out how to fit both priorities together and developed a revision strategy that worked for her.
- A senior professional working long hours, with a poor work-life balance and unsettled at work, who knew something needed to change, but didn’t know what or how. The changes turned out to be simpler to make than she had thought.
How does coaching work?
From the bottom of my heart, I believe that nobody will ever know you or what you need better than you yourself. I believe you have, or can find, all the answers to the problems and issues you face in your life – even if you don’t know it yet.
Right there in your heart of hearts, or somewhere deep in your brain…or maybe somewhere in the centre of your tummy…you have everything you need to work out where you need to go, what may be stopping you from going there and work out how you’re going to get there.
But sometimes, especially when you are busy living a crazy manic life, these answers are firmly hidden away and take a bit more digging to reach. Among other things, getting to the right answer means asking yourself the right question in the first place…not too easy when your head is full of a million and one to-do lists.
Which is where I come in.
As your coach, I won’t be setting goals for you, or solving all your problems by giving you all the answers.
No, I’ll be helping you work all that out for yourself. Because I believe setting your own goals, on your own terms, choosing your own direction and deciding your own answers will always be more successful and make you happier than following someone else’s plan or ideals.
And it will also leave you having developed a whole new set of skills and approaches that you can use time and time again in future.
What I will do is everything I possibly can to make sure you feel motivated, energised and confident about achieving the changes you want, and at the same time comfortable, supported and safe as you explore the things that aren’t working, put plans in place to get them working and then do the hard part – acting and doing what it takes to actually get the change you are after.
I will listen (hard) and encourage you to think really deeply. Although we will focus on the present and future and on the actions you need to take to move forward, we will sometimes explore things from the past, to help work out what might be making you stuck, or what is most likely to work.
It might get emotional, and I will support you and keep encouraging you when that happens.
I will find exercises for us to do together that will help unlock your thinking, to get you certain about that you want and what you don’t. Frankly, I’ll do use, find or develop whatever tools we need to get you on the track to happiness and success.
But mostly, I will ask you questions. Lots of questions. They will be inquisitive, tough and sometimes very challenging.
That’s because I want the best for you, and I want you to achieve lasting results, which means taking you out of your comfort zone and being honest about what is causing a problem and honest about what could like up ahead, knocking down roadblocks that are in your way and getting rid of hang-ups and deep-seated beliefs you hold that are stopping you from moving forward.
In fact, honesty is probably the most important thing of all and I will do all I can to make sure we build an honest and open coaching relationship together, all in the name of making sure you become what you want to become and achieve what you want to achieve in your life.
Sound good? Get in touch with me to get yourself a free, no-obligation, informal discovery session (incorporating a mini-coaching session), where we’ll talk more about your needs and about whether coaching with me is the right solution for you. You’ll also find out answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.