Are you feeling a lack of confidence in yourself, that’s stopping you achieving what you want?
In both work and life, many women find they don’t have the self-belief or confidence to do what they’d really like to, or to make decisions that will help them achieve their ambitions and goals.
Confidence isn’t a personality trait, something we have or don’t have. It’s not a behaviour either – it’s a frame of mind, or a feeling – which means we can change and develop it.
Confidence coaching can help you boost your confidence in a variety of areas using a combination of tools and techniques designed to help you explore and change any limiting beliefs you may have, by helping you prepare thoroughly for situations you are facing that you’re feeling anxious about and by helping you focus on and use your strengths rather than worrying about things you believe you’re not good at.
If you’ve found this page, perhaps one of the following describes you:
- You’re working really hard to cover up the fact you’re anxiously dealing with a certain, but secret, knowledge that you’re not as good at your job as other people think you are, and that you’re about to be found out at any moment.
- You’re starting to feel resentful about things you’re agreeing to that you don’t really want to do, but without the confidence to say no to people
- You want to take a big bold step with your career or your business, but are holding back because you’re afraid you might fail
- You are holding back on opportunities at work rather than pushing yourself forward, because you’re scared about what will happen if you can’t do it
- You’d love to go for a promotion at work, or go back to work after a career break, but are lacking the confidence in your abilities to go for it
- You regularly find yourself unable to make decisions about things in case you upset someone with your ideas, which is eating up your emotional energy and means things never get done
- You know you know your stuff, but you aren’t achieving your full potential because you lack assertiveness and come across as un-confident to others (your boss, your colleagues, clients, customers), and you wish you knew how to look more confident.
How confidence coaching can help
I love helping women develop greater belief in themselves and their abilities, helping them overcome the anxiety they often feel, and discover a whole new sense of freedom and possibility as a result, leading to greater success. When you have confidence coaching with me, I will create a safe and confidential space for you to explore your fears and anxieties and face them head. Confidence coaching with me can help you to:
- Overcome beliefs and fears you hold that are stopping you from doing and acheiving what you really want to
- Develop a more assertive approach when you need to (that’s assertive, not aggressive!)
- Learn how to say no to people, without being rejected and without appearing unkind
- Make decisions more confidently, so you can achieve more and waste less time procrastinating
- Prepare for a situation that you don’t feel confident about – for example, giving a presentation, going for a promotion, “selling yourself” at networking events, asking for a pay-rise or returning to work
- Learn to accept yourself – warts and all – so you have higher self-esteem and a greater ability to use all those fantastic strengths you have, without worrying about the things you’re less good at
- Overcome “Imposter Syndrome”, so you can believe in yourself and your abilities again, without the fear that someone is going to discover you’re a fraud.