Women think differently to men. And we face, and place on ourselves, different expectations – particularly once we’ve had children. The feeling that we are not good enough, that we “should” do it ALL – at work, at home, with our family, is real, and leaves many of us working ourselves to the bone, with an unhealthy and unhappy work-life balance.
The struggle for confidence that many women, even the brightest, most able women, experience is a real one, and it is this lack of confidence and self-belief that frequently leaves women feeling afraid or ashamed to push themselves forward, so worried about failing that they don’t take the steps that might just see them succeed, and sees many unable to delegate, procrastinating over decisions, or saying “yes” more often than they really want to, with too much to do as a result.
All this can stop even the brightest, most successful and ambitious of women from moving forward, tackling problems and making changes that would bring them more success and greater happiness.
For many women who have ambitions to achieve successful careers or businesses, it’s hard to separate work and life as a whole. So, whether I’m working with a business owner or an employed career woman, much of the coaching I do encompasses both business or career goals and issues relating to work-life balance.
I am passionate about supporting women to develop their businesses and careers in a way that means they are able to enjoy the challenge and personal satisfaction that running a business or developing a successful career brings…without feeling that stress, anxiety or guilt are a necessary by-product that they’ll just have to live with, and without finding their ambitions grinding to a halt through lack of self-belief or confidence or through fears of failure or not being good enough.
Some of the women I typically work with are:
- Women running small to medium sized businesses, who want to grow and develop their business with confidence
- Ambitious, successful working women and business owners who are secretly struggling with personal confidence, which is leading to stress and anxiety and stopping them from progressing and achieving the changes and further success they are looking for .
- Working women who are feeling overwhelmed and facing burnout as they “power on through it” while feeling pulled in opposite directions by the twin demands of job and family
- Women who are considering, or are starting their own business as a way of gaining more flexibility in their lives, and who want support to develop and build it
- Women who feel at a cross-roads with their career, who are feeling unsure about which direction to take next
- Newly-promoted women (especially first time managers or leaders) who want to develop their confidence in dealing with people and new responsibilities more easily and successfully
- Career women who are expecting, or have just had, their first baby and are struggling with confidence and fears about managing work and family commitments
- Working mothers who want to make a change in their careers, either because their children are growing and they’re ready to focus on their own development again, or because they need to develop a career with greater flexibility or financial reward to work alongside their family’s needs.
- Women who are taking on more and more, wishing they could say no but always saying yes, with more on their plate than they can cope with as a result