I am passionate about supporting women to develop their work and personal lives in a way that means they are able to enjoy the challenge and personal satisfaction that running a business or developing a successful career brings…without feeling that stress, anxiety or guilt are a necessary by-product that they’ll just have to live with, and without finding their ambitions grinding to a halt through lack of self-belief or confidence or through fears of failure or not being good enough.
Women generally feel a different set of pressures and expectations to men (from their families, society at large and from themselves). We often feel we should be capable of doing it ALL – at work, at home, with our families, for ourselves…and when we find ourselves struggling with that weight of expectation, everything as important as everything else, it’s hard to know what can give. And all too often, we end up putting ourselves last on our list of priorities, leading to stress, guilt, disappointment, utter overwhelm and often a sense of having lost ourselves amid the myriad of responsibilities we’re juggling for everyone else.
This isn’t inevitable (honestly!). You don’t have to put up with it. It’s not always easy to unpick and work out what can change and how to change it – but through coaching, I will help you to work that out and will help you develop the strategies and confidence you need to actually make it happen.
When I’m working with a business owner or a career woman, much of the coaching I do encompasses both career or business goals and issues relating to work life balance. Often it’s hard to tell where one finishes and the other starts, and that’s fine. In fact, that’s the kind of coaching I love best, where I know there’s the potential for life-changing improvements to be made.
Some of the women I typically work with are:
- Women running small to medium sized businesses, who want to grow and develop their business with confidence
- Ambitious, successful working women and business owners who are secretly struggling with personal confidence, which is leading to stress and anxiety and stopping them from progressing and achieving the changes and further success they are looking for .
- Working women who are feeling overwhelmed and facing burnout as they “power on through it” while feeling pulled in opposite directions by the twin demands of job and family
- Women who are considering, or are starting their own business as a way of gaining more flexibility in their lives, and who want support to develop and build it
- Women who feel at a cross-roads with their career, who are feeling unsure about which direction to take next
- Newly-promoted women (especially first time managers or leaders) who want to develop their confidence in dealing with people and new responsibilities more easily and successfully
- Career women who are expecting, or have just had, their first baby and are struggling with confidence and fears about managing work and family commitments
- Working mothers who want to make a change in their careers, either because their children are growing and they’re ready to focus on their own development again, or because they need to develop a career with greater flexibility or financial reward to work alongside their family’s needs.
- Women who are taking on more and more, wishing they could say no but always saying yes, with more on their plate than they can cope with as a result